LoraM

Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 48%

Beaded Jewellery Wirework Techniques

How to Wire Work Beaded Jewelry: Tools and Techniques for Making Unique Earrings. a Storey Basics Title - Carson Eddy, Rachael Evans, Kate Feld

by Carson Eddy, Rachael Evans, and Kate Feld

This is a craft book that focuses on teaching how to string beads on wire and to work with tools and wire. Unlike most books about this kind of activity, the book focuses almost totally on the technicalities instead of giving a lot of design patterns.

The first chapter is all about types and sizes of wire, followed by a chapter about working with chains. Then we learn all about findings, followed by tools. During all of this we learn the relevance of types of metal used and what gauges are good for what purposes. The book goes through basics and far more detail of different types of wire than I ever imagined, so it's very informative. There is also a conversion chart for working in imperial or metric measurements.

The chapter on techniques is very thorough and has detailed illustrations to show how basic wraps are done. The book finishes with a glossary and some information about different qualities of precious metals that are used for wire.

Though the book is very basic, it would be very useful for the person new to working with wire wrapping or bead stringing.