LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves
Progress: 47%
Progress: 76%

I've read 20%

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley, Maurice Hindle

I'm taking a break from my Netgalley review reads to catch up some books I started before I got too many approvals again.

I'm just getting into the meat of this one, but really enjoying the writing. First person, lots of exposition, getting you into the main character's head. When it's done well, I love this sort of thing. People are in too much of a hurry to get to action these days. Some of these old classics are great because they bring you inside the character's thoughts and really immerse you in their world.

I would love to see more modern writers do this.