LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

Original Magic: The Rituals and Initiations of the Persian Magi
Flowers, Stephen E., Ph.D.
Progress: 127/192pages
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 40%
Progress: 59%

The saga of the samples

In case anyone remembers my posts about taming my samples collection, I'm under 100! It's a constantly fluctuating number because I add new ones too easily, but I read a few at a time when things are happening around me that make it difficult to sink into a proper read (thereby putting all samples at a disadvantage) and slowly, slowly I'm getting through them.

I'm still doing the alphabetical thing and I'm up to 'L'. :D

This includes playing catch up when I add new samples that fall earlier in the alphabet, which of course gets more frequent as I go along.

There are some tasty looking samples in 'W' that I'm looking forward to reading, but it's a constant uphill struggle It's also a good motivation to keep making progress, interspersed with actually reading whole books of course.

I'm winning, but ever so slowly. This is my reading challenge for this year, to get all the way through my samples and then keep them under control. Then I get to part two: The free books. Yes, I will be doing the same with those. Making myself start each one and either continuing or discarding, using the same criteria as on the samples.

In between of course I'm also reading the books I've paid for! Wouldn't it be awful if there was an apocalypse and no more electricity and I never got to read them? I can't let that happen...