LoraM

Kitchen Witchcraft
Rachel Patterson
Conrad Monk and the Great Heathen Army
Edoardo Albert
Magic Medicine: A Trip Through the Intoxicating History and Modern-Day Use of Psychedelic Plants and Substances
Cody Johnson
Hero at the Fall
Alwyn Hamilton
Progress: 5%
Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce
Hark! The Herald Angels Scream
Christopher Golden
Barnabas Tew and The Case Of The Missing Scarab
Columbkill Noonan
Sound—The Fabric of Soul, Consciousness, Reality, and the Cosmos
Ramiro Mendes, João Mendes
Progress: 1%

Reading progress update: I've read 228 out of 428 pages.

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier, Sally Beauman

I seem to have a need to keep reading this book ahead of others I started before it, but I'm not sure why.

The main character is a ninny and irritates me with her stupidity. Max de Winter is a temperamental bore who wouldn't get far with me. I had just been thinking that I needed a break from Victorian and period books for a while before I started it, yet I keep wanting to know what happens next.

Maybe it's just a testament to DuMaurier's writing that it keeps my attention. Or it maybe it's the subtle hints that things are not what they seem. I think I'm getting far enough that more will come out. Yeah, I caught the comment from the guy on the beach. There's more to this situation than meets the eye.

I want to finish the damned thing and see what it is!