LoraM

Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 47%
Progress: 76%

Reading progress update: I've read 228 out of 428 pages.

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier, Sally Beauman

I seem to have a need to keep reading this book ahead of others I started before it, but I'm not sure why.

The main character is a ninny and irritates me with her stupidity. Max de Winter is a temperamental bore who wouldn't get far with me. I had just been thinking that I needed a break from Victorian and period books for a while before I started it, yet I keep wanting to know what happens next.

Maybe it's just a testament to DuMaurier's writing that it keeps my attention. Or it maybe it's the subtle hints that things are not what they seem. I think I'm getting far enough that more will come out. Yeah, I caught the comment from the guy on the beach. There's more to this situation than meets the eye.

I want to finish the damned thing and see what it is!