LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

Captives of the Flame (The Fall of the Towers, #1)
Samuel R. Delany
Progress: 16%
Dark Carnival
Nancy K. Duplechain
Progress: 62%
About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution (Penguin Science)
Paul Davies
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 48%

The Life of Lora

Well, everyone is introducing themselves to the wave of new followers we've all been gathering, so I'll join in.

I'm Lora, kinda shy and really sarcastic at times, but I'm a bubbly, optimistic type (like most Gemini people).

I read a broad spectrum of genres, but I have a special love of time travel. Not the time travel Romances so much, although I might read a good one, but stuff that makes me think about the Physics of time travel. The parameters are pretty broad.

I also read Speculative Fiction, Horror and Dark Fantasy and have a pretty open mind about what I'll read, including a fair bit of non-fiction. I don't read a lot of Mystery because it drives me batty trying to work it out, but I make exceptions. Similarly I don't read a lot of Romance, but again, there are exceptions. Especially very well written books in any genre.

I'm currently reading an excellent Historical Fiction about Eleanor of Aquitaine. If you want recommendations on any genre, have a look at my shelves. Anything over three stars is definitely good. I just don't rate highly.

More about me: I have a beautiful black cat named Jasper and I live with family and do temp work to avoid getting a real job. This gives me flexible hours and variety in life, something I thrive on. That gets reflected in my reading phases too.

I get samples of anything I think I might want to read and reject about 9/10 of them. I'm currently attempting to clear up space on my Kindle because too many samples and free books somehow magically appeared on it, *Looks up and whistles casually*

I often have 3-4 books on the go at a time, but I'm trying to read just one proper book while I read through the samples. So far this is going well and I've cleared over 1/3 of the backlog in recent weeks. Free books will get similarly blitzed next.

I'm on BL most days, but sometimes I have to hurry through and just Like all the reviews because real life happens. I make comments, and often they are a little teasing or sarcastic so you have to take me with a grain of salt.

I have a review blog at https://lorareviews.wordpress.com/ which, let's be honest, I started so that I had a place to put reviews when I get books from Netgalley, besides on Booklikes. I don't know if anyone actually reads it because I don't check the stats. All my reviews go here anyway.

So, welcome new people! I hope you enjoy BL as much as I have been since I joined and started getting to know people.