LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Rules of Magic
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 45%
Progress: 68%

August Round-up

The Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King The Future Memory Man: Episode Five of The Chronicles of the Harekaiian - Shanna Lauffey Heirs of Empire - Evan Currie The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood Book 1) - Jeff Wheeler Synchronicity: Empower Your Life with the Gift of Coincidence - Chris Mackey Down: Pinhole - Glenn Cooper On the Wing: Insects, Pterosaurus, Birds, Bats and the Evolution of Animal Flight - David E. Alexander A Darker Shade of Magic - Victoria Schwab Stinger - Robert R. McCammon
— feeling ashamed

In August I have finished a grand total of ONE book!

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King was a group read and one I really wanted to read. It was a complete disappointment as a book, but it satisfied my need to read it anyway.

I started out with intent to read A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab, but I didn't get too far before...

Netgalley. I lost control. They kept inviting me to read books that actually sounded like things I would like! In the meantime I had found two non-fiction books that interested me on their site: On the Wing by David E. Alexander and Synchronicity by Chris Mackey. I'm really enjoying On The Wing, but haven't properly started Synchronicity yet because I didn't want to have two non-fictions going at once.

So I've added three fiction books from Netgalley: Down: Pinhole by Glenn Cooper, Heirs of Empire by Evan Currie, and The Banished of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler. Down: Pinhole started out really, really good, but I'm not so sure about it now. The middle seems a bit slow. The other two books I haven't actually started yet.

So, add a next group read, Stinger by Robert McCammon and I've got waaaay too much to read!

Just when I thought I had seriously committed too much, I received the ARC for The Future Memory Man by Shanna Lauffey! I will of course effectively drop everything else to read the next episode of my favourite time travel series! This is officially released on 7th September, and there is a pre-release price of .99 until then. She also put all the other books in the series on .99 in the run-up to release.

I've had little reading time this past month due to too many work hours, but hopefully I can clear this lot by the end of September so I can read all the other books clamouring to be next! So many books, so little time. Sigh! Keep me off Netgalley...