LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 39%
Progress: 56%

September Roundup

The Future Memory Man: Episode Five of The Chronicles of the Harekaiian - Shanna Lauffey On the Wing: Insects, Pterosaurus, Birds, Bats and the Evolution of Animal Flight - David E. Alexander Down: Pinhole - Glenn Cooper Voices of the Damned - Barbie Wilde The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood Book 1) - Jeff Wheeler Synchronicity: Empower Your Life with the Gift of Coincidence - Chris Mackey Stinger - Robert R. McCammon The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien, Michael Hague

So, I've been working a lot and family have been demanding my time, but I've managed to finish four books in September.

The high point of course was Episode Five of my favorite time travel series, The Future Memory Man. This series just gets better and better!

Also very enjoyable was a non-fiction from Netgalley, On the Wing. This is a book about animal flight, but despite being very informative, it's also very engaging! If you've got a kid in school, get them this book. They'll do better in science class as a result.

Another Netgalley book by an author I've read before was Down Pinhole. I have to admit this one dragged for me a little, but it was still a generally enjoyable story. See my review.

Then there was Voices of the Damned, which I'll write a review for soon. This is one for the extreme Horror fans.

Meanwhile I've been participating in group reads for Stinger and for The Hobbit. I'm a little past halfway through Stinger and The Hobbit is a re-read, just in the first few chapters. These are very different books, each enjoyable in their own ways.

Two more Netgalley books I'm actively reading are The Banished of Muirwood, which is an old school Fantasy, and Synchronicity which is non-fiction. I am enjoying both and actually have the rest of the series for Muirwood on my Netgalley reading shelf, along with two other books I haven't started yet, Heirs of Empire by Evan Currie and Abandon by Blake Crouch.

Needless to say, my project to clear space on my Kindle has had a complete fail this past month. My samples are up to around 160 and a few more free books have been added to the collection along with the Netgalley books. I'm also dying to get to a few books I've been wanting to read and already possess, so I'm swearing off Netgalley for a while! Or at least I'm going to try.

Too many good books and never enough time!