LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Rules of Magic
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 45%
Progress: 68%

October Roundup

Ghost Story - Jeff Brackett A Halloween Tale - Austin Crawley Synchronicity: Empower Your Life with the Gift of Coincidence - Chris Mackey Stinger - Robert R. McCammon The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Graphic Novel) - Bo Hampton, Tracey Hampton, Washington Irving Stolen Hours - Michelle M. Pillow The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood Book 1) - Jeff Wheeler Voices of the Damned - Barbie Wilde

Well, I finished 7 books this month and before the night is over, I intend to finish 1 more!

My best reads of the month were two relatively short ghost stories, Ghost Story by Jeff Brackett and A Halloween Tale by Austin Crawley. Both had excellent writing and some pretty scary stuff happening. The Austin Crawley book would make a good Horror Christmas read, as it's about a group of women conjuring up the Christmas ghosts from A Christmas Carol.

I finished two Netgalley books. Synchronicity by Chris Mackey, which is non-fiction, and The Banished of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler, which is pretty decent Fantasy. Good enough that I requested the two sequels.

I also finished Stolen Hours by Michelle M. Pillow, another ghost story but the less said about it the better, and Stinger by Robert McCammon which was a group read. It was fairly interesting scifi aliens invade small, depressing western town. Then there was Voices of the Damned by Barbie Wilde, which was a little too hardcore horrific for my tastes and last, I will be reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving, giving a Classic pride of place as my Halloween read. It's only 62 pages so I have no doubts about finishing it before the night is over.

Not a bad month's reading for me. I still have 4 Netgalley books to finish off, but November is going to bring another attack on the sample pile. It's up to nearly 200 again! I want to clear the deck, and some space, for some Christmas reads in December.