LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Rules of Magic
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 45%
Progress: 68%

Christmas stories and December wrap up.

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy (Commonwealth Fund Book Program) - Frederick Seitz, Kip S. Thorne, Stephen Hawking

I've had far too little reading time in December.

By the end of the month, I will have finished 2 whole books. TWO! And one of those was a short story, A Christmas Carol, re-read for the holiday.

The other book is over 600 pages and non-fiction, dealing with Cosmology and theoretical Physics. Okay that's sort of complicated and takes a little longer to read, but mostly it's because I just haven't had time to sit and read.

I've mostly kept up with new samples, but I haven't reduced the backlog this month. Again, no time.

Now, my dilemma. I still have 12 unread Christmas stories on my Kindle, plus samples for 3 more. One of them looks like a potentially interesting Krampus tale. Do I leave these for next year, or give them a try and see if I can at least eliminate any that don't grab me? The holiday is quickly fading into past tense and the stories are no longer timely.

In the interest of clearing excess from my Kindle, I'm inclined to read samples and first chapters at least, to establish which stories I can delete. Then maybe I'll save any good ones for next year, or watch for good sales during the year if any samples look good.

In the end, it will come down to the random factor. It always does.

Oh, if you're not given to motion sickness, have a gander at my blog. I've redecorated for New Year. :D