LoraM

Progress: 48%

The Void of Muirwood

The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood) - Jeff Wheeler

by Jeff Wheeler

This third book in the series starts with a look inside the mysticism of The Medium, followed by a lot of action and changing fortunes for Maia. There's a lot of tension and great storytelling to move it forward. I felt that the series had definitely found its feet with this one.

I don't want to spoil what actually happens, but the kingdom is under threat, the succession is under contention and Maia's marriage is under the pressures of the demands of rulership, both at home and in Dahomey. There is plenty of conflict and twists and turns to keep the reader guessing what might happen next.

Though there are more books to the series, I feel finished with this one. There is too much stress and doom without enough happy interlude to keep me going further. Maia drives me nuts with her generous attitude, even when people betray her trust, and though she is basically likeable, she doesn't have an edge to her to make me care deeply.

Having said that, I've enjoyed reading three books of the series. Good Fantasy.