LoraM

Progress: 48%

A Reaper of Stone

A Reaper of Stone - Mark Gelineau, Joe King

by Mark Gelineau and Joe King

The prologue to this one has some intense action and is not to be missed, but a time jump to chapter one threw me a little because characters who had just met in the prologue were suddenly old friends.

It's a short, well written Fantasy novella of the Sword & Sorcery side of the genre. While I think it could have been fleshed out to a more detailed, full sized book, It was an enjoyable and fast read. Like many books these days, it begins a series but apparently not a sequential one, but rather a series of books set in the same world with some different characters. I expect I'll read at least one more of them.

Elinor appears to be the one consistent character in the two books currently available. She's a strong female lead, a warrior with fortitude and stamina. She's just too stubborn to lose and is dedicated to duty. I found her likeable and a character I could respect.

The story had a little more depth than most short Fantasy novellas and was a worthwhile read, though I would like to see these authors add more dimension in future novels.