LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

Taking Up Space
Chelsea Kwakye, Patience Oyenike Ogunbiyi
One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1)
Mark Lawrence
Progress: 52%
Little Darlings
Melanie Golding
Walking to Aldebaran
Adrian Tchaikovsky
The Immortal City
Amy Kuivalainen
Dracopedia Field Guide: Dragons of the World from Amphipteridae through Wyvernae
William O'Connor
Limited Wish (Impossible Times #2)
Mark Lawrence
The Dark Sides of Empathy
Fritz Breithaupt, Andrew B B Hamilton
Pagan Portals - Gods and Goddesses of Wales
Halo Quin
Progress: 19%
Unfettered
Kevin Hearne, Michael J. Sullivan, Brandon Sanderson, Lev Grossman, Patrick Rothfuss, Daniel Abraham, Shawn Speakman, Jennifer Bosworth, Mark Lawrence, Blake Charlton, Peter V. Brett, Geno Salvatore, Robert V.S. Redick, Eldon Thompson, David Anthony Durham, Peter Orull
Progress: 10%

Booklikes Round Robin

Thanks to Book Cupidity for getting this started.

Let's list favorite old (or older) movies. the list can be long or short, with a narrative or no, anything goes.

The perimeters is that it has to have been made prior to 1980.

Let's tag the post so that we can search it over the weekend - "Fav old movies'. I will also use the tag 'BL Round Robin".

I love the idea of this. One of my favorite things to do as a teen besides reading was watching old movies on Turner's Classics Saturday mornings. I am just going to keep my list to 10 though it's really hard. I have my top favorite comedies, musicals, thrillers, mysteries, etc.

Here's my list:

1. Yellow Submarine (1968) starring The Beatles

Colorful, whacky, good 60s fun!

2. The Three Lives of Thomasina (1963) starring Patrick McGoohan

A cute, children's cat movie with a mystical slant.

3. Wizards (1977) Director Ralph Bakshi

Very interesting art and fun fantasy story.

4. Godspell (1973) Musical

Okay, I love musicals. This one was colorful, zany, enchanting and despite not being my religion, told the story of Jesus in an alternative way that suited the times.

5. Oliver! (1968) starring Jack Wild, Ron Moody, Oliver Reed

My favorite musical, ever.

6. Fiddler on the Roof (1971) Topol

For pure song and dance numbers, this one is great! Also a poignant story important to history.

7. The Time Machine (1960) starring Rod Taylor

My first time travel movie. This version was far better than the remake!

8. Time After Time (1979) starring Malcolm McDowell, David Warner and Mary Steenbergen

A great chase through time with H.G. Wells and Jack the Ripper in 1979 San Francisco. What could happen?

9. Quadrophenia (1979) The Who

Another blast of 1960s history, the Mods and Rockers fighting it out in Brighton. Brilliant music by The Who. Oh yes, and Sting.

10. The prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969) starring Maggie Smith

A cultural classic!

Oh and a bonus obscure film:

Pretty Maids All in a Row (1971) early Angie Dickenson and Rock Hudson

This is basically a murder mystery and a thing of its time, but one that stuck with me.