LoraM

Kitchen Witchcraft
Rachel Patterson
Conrad Monk and the Great Heathen Army
Edoardo Albert
Magic Medicine: A Trip Through the Intoxicating History and Modern-Day Use of Psychedelic Plants and Substances
Cody Johnson
Hero at the Fall
Alwyn Hamilton
Progress: 6%
Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce
Progress: 9%

Margins

Margins - E. Lorn, Edward Lorn

by Edward Lorn

The author says in the intro that this is not a Horror story. I disagree. It's not a blood and gore Horror story, for which I'm grateful, but I would classify it under Supernatural Horror. And that's the kind of Horror I like!

A woman acquires an interesting book and the book engages her in conversation. Her first reaction is fear, but how she reacts is actually rather comical. I thought the naming of other recent books in the beginning was distracting and actually would have preferred imaginary titles, but never mind. I soon found myself drawn into the main plot of the story and might have read it all in one sitting if I hadn't been called away from my reading to make dinner.

I enjoyed the story, but felt that it could have been taken further. There was material there that actually could have made a good Romance story, albeit an unusual one. The ending came just a little too suddenly for me and left me with a feeling of wanting to know what would come next. Really hedging on the star rating, but let's call it 3.75.