LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

Original Magic: The Rituals and Initiations of the Persian Magi
Flowers, Stephen E., Ph.D.
Progress: 127/192pages
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 40%
Progress: 59%

My Netgalley list

How My Cat Made Me a Better Man - Jeremy Feig In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex - Nathaniel Philbrick Age of Myth: Book One of The Legends of the First Empire - Michael J. Sullivan The Museum of Things Left Behind - Seni Glaister Privateers of the Revolution: War on the New Jersey Coast, 1775-1783 - Donald Grady Shomette The Light of Paris - Eleanor Brown Daughters of the Dragon - Bill    Andrews America's Most Haunted Hotels: Checking in with Uninvited Guests - Jamie Davis Whitmer The Yellow Monkey Emperor's Classic of Chinese Medicine - Damo Mitchell, John Spencer Hill, John Spencer Hill The Dark Portal - Robin Jarvis, Peter Glassman
— feeling shocked

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had gone a little Taz on Netgalley. I'm slowly working my way through the books, reading them mainly in order of archive date. There's some pretty interesting stuff actually. I didn't just choose them all at random, but carefully considered each one.

After today's posted review, I have 13 more to go to clear the list. That is unless I find something and add to it, though I'm trying not to look. I've done the cookbooks first because they don't take as long.

I'm looking forward to reading all of these, I just don't like the pressure of feeling I have to get to them soon and review them. This is supposed to be fun!