LoraM

Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce

How My Cat Made Me A Better Man

How My Cat Made Me a Better Man - Jeremy Feig

by Jeremy Feig

Non-fiction.

This is an amusing book. It's not very long, about 100 pages in print, but filled with comparisons of how the attitude of the author's cat can be applied to his own real life situations and philosophy. Things like owning your looks, whatever they are; taking control of what you can and learning to live with the things you can't. The only thing I think he gets wrong is on the subject of perfume. The cat makes herself not stink by washing! She doesn't splash on aftershave! Do you know how many women hate perfume on a man?

In places he seems to be forcing things to fit, but overall it's a very good source of advice about life and how to be a good person as well as a happy one. Many of the stories about his little cat, Shelley, made me laugh and appreciate how co-operative my own cats are!

I might question some of his advice about relationships, but overall I would say it's a good guidebook for how to get along in life with whatever hand you've been dealt. It's targeted at male readers, but most of it could apply to anyone. And of course the comparisons to the attitude of most cats provides much food for thought!