LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 39%
Progress: 56%

Lining up some selections for Halloween Bingo!

The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Neil Gaiman America's Most Haunted Hotels: Checking in with Uninvited Guests - Jamie Davis Whitmer Willa Wicked: A Charming Tale - A.M. Hudson Letters To The Damned - Austin Crawley The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman Insects - John Koloen The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Illustrated) and Other Tales By Washington Irving - Washington Irving { [ HIGH MOOR [ HIGH MOOR BY REYNOLDS, GRAEME ( AUTHOR ) NOV-17-2011[ HIGH MOOR [ HIGH MOOR BY REYNOLDS, GRAEME ( AUTHOR ) NOV-17-2011 ] BY REYNOLDS, GRAEME ( AUTHOR )NOV-17-2011 PAPERBACK ] } Reynolds, Graeme ( AUTHOR ) Nov-17-2011 Paperback - Graeme Reynolds Dracula and Other Stories by Bram Stoker. (Complete and Unabridged). Includes Dracula, the Jewel of Seven Stars, the Man (Aka: The Gates of Life), the - Bram Stoker The Human Ate My Pumpkin! - Jon Mac
— feeling confident

So, I've never done a Bingo before and it looks like a lot of books to read in just a couple of months considering how many I normally get through, but I should be able to do a couple of lines at least.

With that in mind, I've been identifying books for some of the categories. 4 are re-reads. I don't want to make it more than that because, new authors! And being a glutton for punishment, I've had a look through the Amazon free Kindle books under Horror to see what might fill a few spaces.

I haven't got enough books to fill any one line yet, but 2 lines at least just need 2 more to be identified to make them doable.

So far I have:

Magical Realism

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (re-read)

I wanted to re-read this anyway, so it was a no-brainer.

Ghost Stories and Haunted Houses

America's Most Haunted Hotels by Jamie Davis Whitmer
A Netgalley book I haven't started yet. I already read the others that were Horror.

Young Adult Horror

Willa Wicked by A.M. Hudson
An Amazon freebie. I'm not a big YA reader, but this sounded like it might not suck too badly.

Reads With Booklikes Friends

Letters to the Damned by Austin Crawley
Hoping to buddy read this with someone, though I have no takers yet. I have it on pre-order for 1st October so if no one reads it with me, I'll put it on the Genre: Horror square or maybe Supernatural.

Grave or Graveyard

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (re-read)
Another re-read which I know I could get through pretty quickly, unless I find something else from a new author.

Creepy Crawlies

Insects: A Novel by John Koloen
Another Amazon freebie. It's over 400 pages so I'll keep an eye out for something shorter, but it was an obvious fill for the space.

Set in New England

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
One of those classics I've been wanting to read for ages! It's sitting on my Kindle and has been for a long time.

Full Moon

High Moor by Graeme Reynolds
One that's been on my tbr for a long time. Werewolves, full moon, I see a connection.

Classic Horror

Dracula by Bram Stoker
Another tbr classic sitting on my Kindle.

Pumpkin

The Human Ate My Pumpkin! by Jon Mac
Another Amazon freebie that looks like it might not entirely suck.

I don't know if I'll get to all of these in the time frame, but it gives me some references to work from. My next move will be to look through all those books on my Kindle that I've accrued and see if there's anything to fit the remaining categories!