LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James
Progress: 19%
Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves
Progress: 76%

A Fall of Glass

A Fall of Glass - Stanley R. Lee

by Stanley R. Lee

This is a quirky story that might fall under Dystopian, though it comes from an era when that meant science fiction. Civilization lives in a dome with completely controlled weather conditions and a society that runs on conformity, until Mr. Humphrey Fownes takes an interest in the weather outside the dome.

His house shakes, and investigations into why lead to some astonishing results.

Anything more would give the story away completely, but I will say that the story lacks explanation s to why things happen as they do and is a part of that ancient body of science fiction from times when we didn't expect the writers to make us understand the science behind things.