Lora's Rants and Reviews

Willa Wicked

— feeling nerd
Willa Wicked: A Charming Tale - A.M. Hudson

by A.M. Hudson

This is a YA teenage witch story. The premise sounds really corny, but somehow it seems to work. Willa the teenage witch befriends her neighbour who everyone thinks is a dork. His recent suicide attempt makes them a little careful and mostly they whisper behind his back.

Little do they know, Henry Charming is not of their world. Through the minefield of high school dances and crushes, Henry has a bigger issue to deal with and Willa is the only person he trusts to tell his secret. Meanwhile, Willa's crush on a popular guy brings its own teenage angst.

There's a strong fairytale thread in this story and it isn't the sort of thing I would want to read a lot of, but it was done pretty well so as YA stuff goes, I can't complain too much. I did find myself wanting to know what would happen in the end. There's even one scary bit.