LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

Original Magic: The Rituals and Initiations of the Persian Magi
Flowers, Stephen E., Ph.D.
Progress: 63/192pages
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 40%
Progress: 59%

Reading progress update: I've read 133 out of 224 pages.

Thornyhold - Mary Stewart

This really is intriguing. It could have just as easily been a selection for Witches. I don't usually read a lot of Mysteries because I'm not interested in police procedural or whodunit murder mysteries, but this is something different. Discovering things about an odd relative and some unusual neighbours, not to mention the history of the house itself. No wonder it has a reputation as one of Stewart's best.

I may have to try a few more of her Mystery books. This one came as a set of three with Rose Cottage and Stormy Petrel, so they're in hand for me. I do love her writing. Sort of straight forward at a good pace so that the pages fly by.