LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

Tales of Men and Ghosts
Edith Wharton
Progress: 19%
First Templar Nation: How the Knights Templar Created Europe's First Nation-state
Freddy Silva
Progress: 66/451pages
High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1)
Mona Hanna
Progress: 46%
Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves

The Cat Detective

— feeling cat
Wendy & Black, The Cat Detective: The Mysterious Kidnappings - Amma Lee

by Amma Lee

This is advertised as a YA book but it reads more like a children's story. If it weren't for an occasional wrong form of word, I'd recommend it to budding Mystery readers.

It's a cute story. Wendy and her black cat, imaginatively named Black, set out to solve mysteries. It's part of a series of course. Wendy has the ability to hear cats talk so Black is able to help her with her cases.

I've scored it low because, quite honestly, not enough happens. There is no tension or feeling of danger at any point and the case isn't all that hard to solve.

In its favor I didn't see any typos and any story about a talking cat can't be all bad, but I won't be reading any more of the series as it's just too young for me.