LoraM

Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce

The Cat Detective

— feeling cat
Wendy & Black, The Cat Detective: The Mysterious Kidnappings - Amma Lee

by Amma Lee

This is advertised as a YA book but it reads more like a children's story. If it weren't for an occasional wrong form of word, I'd recommend it to budding Mystery readers.

It's a cute story. Wendy and her black cat, imaginatively named Black, set out to solve mysteries. It's part of a series of course. Wendy has the ability to hear cats talk so Black is able to help her with her cases.

I've scored it low because, quite honestly, not enough happens. There is no tension or feeling of danger at any point and the case isn't all that hard to solve.

In its favor I didn't see any typos and any story about a talking cat can't be all bad, but I won't be reading any more of the series as it's just too young for me.