LoraM

Kitchen Witchcraft
Rachel Patterson
Conrad Monk and the Great Heathen Army
Edoardo Albert
Magic Medicine: A Trip Through the Intoxicating History and Modern-Day Use of Psychedelic Plants and Substances
Cody Johnson
Hero at the Fall
Alwyn Hamilton
Progress: 6%
Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce
Sound—The Fabric of Soul, Consciousness, Reality, and the Cosmos
Ramiro Mendes, João Mendes
Progress: 9%

The Chimes

The Chimes - Charles Dickens, Penguin Books LTD, Geoffrey Palmer, Geoffrey Palmer

by Charles Dickens

This was the first of Dickens' Christmas stories and predates A Christmas Carol by a year. It was also adapted to a stage play.

It's rather typical of some of Dickens' earlier writings where there is a lot of dialogue with too many characters and it can get confusing as to what's going on, but the main character is Toby Veck, who has an interesting experience in the bell tower.

As Dickens stories go, I can't see myself reading this one again and I don't think it holds a patch on A Christmas Carol, but it's one more ticked off my list.