LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James
Progress: 19%
Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves

The Elf

— feeling clown
The Elf: A Christmas Horror Short Story - I. Clayton Reynolds

by I. Clayton Reynolds

This was a short Christmas Horror story with an interesting twist. I should mention trigger warnings but how to do so without spoiling the twist?

It starts out much like an old Twilight Zone episode. There is an elf decoration with evil doll aspects and a little girl who is blind seems to hear it speak and describes things she cannot see because the elf saw them. Standard creepy stuff, but it doesn't go where I expected.

I thought it was very well done and the surprise ending caught me off guard, unpleasant though it was. A good one for those who like Christmas Horror and don't mind when things get icky.