LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

The Rules of Magic
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 45%
Progress: 68%

2017 Reading

American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman A Spark of Justice - J.D. Hawkins A Far Better Rest - Susanne Alleyn Mary Reilly - Valerie Martin Splintered Souls (Flames of Time Book 1) - Erica Lucke Dean A Tale du Mort - Jaimey Grant;Wendy Swore;Rita J. Webb;Paige Ray;Jeanne Voelker;K. G. Borland;Gwendolyn McIntyre;Katrina Monroe;S. M. Carrière The Green Mile - Stephen King The Goblin Emperor - Katherine Addison Moon Over Soho - Ben Aaronovitch Faust: First Part - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I just read the BL new challenge widget message and almost went for it, then decided I don't need to work out a widget.

My goals for 2017 are to clear the backlog on my Kindle. Yes, I said clear.

This extends to the overflow on my physical bookshelves too. I need to read books that I'm only going to want to read once and pass them to someone else so that there is room for all my books that I like to keep. My shelf space isn't going to be able to expand anytime soon.

I enjoyed reading according to my whims in December, now I'm going to continue reading those books at the top of my tbr, but balance it with keeping up Netgalley requests and trying all those samples and freebies that filled up my first Kindle and now lurk around in my cloud. Freebies will get the same treatment as samples, except if I decide I like them, I'll go ahead and keep reading since I've got the book!

Given my history of rejecting about 90% of samples and freebies, this should get me through a substantial amount over the next few months.

Then I can reload the books stashed in folders on my computer from when the old Kindle filled up. Or the one from when it had a factory reset before samples were all kept in the cloud. Oops...

I'm having some good reads at the moment. My real goal is to clear all the dross so I can enjoy the best books that wait among my personal slush pile.

I may not like all the ones designated A-list when I get to them, but at least I will have got to them rather than letting them taunt me!