My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.
1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
I do have a chair in the living room with a light behind it that is my default reading location, though I might read anywhere.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Both. I have some lovely bookmarks, but they never seem to be around when I need them!
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
I prefer to stop at a chapter break. I can pick up mid-chapter if I go back a paragraph.
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
Not generally, with some exceptions. I won't notice what I'm eating if I'm reading.
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
I tune it all out.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
LOTS! Different genres though.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Mostly at home, but if I have to wait somewhere, I want reading material.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently of course.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
No. It takes discipline sometimes, but I let the story unfold as it's meant to. It's only when I give up on a book that I might glance at the end before throwing it against a wall.
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
As like new as possible.
11. Do you write in your books?
Blasphemy! Burn the blasphemer who would soil the pages of a book!