LoraM

Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce
Sally McKenna, John McKenna

Whispers Underground

Whispers Under Ground - Ben Aaronovitch

by Ben Aaronovitch

The stories in this series have a way of building on the established world, but always adding something new. This one nearly lost me when the nature of a peripheral character started to sound too much like it was borrowing from the teenage Paranormal Romance genre, but it recovered nicely and turned out to be one of the best in the series so far.

A new adventure for Peter Grant takes him underground, well, to the London Underground where tales of sewer creatures and secret tunnels always provide plenty of scope to extrapolate a good story setting. Watching this character develop along with his magical abilities is definitely one of the strengths of the series.

Magic, supernatural creatures and superior officers who don't want to know are all part of the job, right?

Anything else I can say will give spoilers, so I'll just move on to the next one in the series and simply say, this was good.