LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves
Progress: 76%

The Show-Off Monkey and Other Taoist Tales

The Show-Off Monkey and Other Taoist Tales - Mark W. McGinnis

by Mark W. McGinnis

This is a book of retold Chinese fables, based on the writings of the ancient philosopher Chang Tzu but written in modern language that any child could follow.

The tales are very short and each has a morale at the end to teach the reader something about the foibles of human nature.

The pictures are beautifully done and in full color in what looks like an oriental style. Overall the book is beautifully presented and would make a nice gift to a child, though adults would enjoy it too!