Lora's Rants and Reviews

Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 64%

Nadiya's British Food Adventure - SAMPLER

by Nadiya Hussain

I didn't realise when I requested this that it was only a sampler. What I was given for review was only 17 pages of a 288 page book.

There are some lovely full color pictures in the front including one of a bundt cake that drew my attention, then an introduction that explains that the author is British of Bangladeshi descent and what food means to her.

Only two recipes made it into the sample; Cheese Scones with Chive Butter and a divine looking Eton Mess Cheesecake.

The contents didn't list other recipes, so this is all I have to go on. It's a shame a recipe index was not included as the mixture of British and Bangladeshi influences intrigued me enough to request the book for review. Sadly, I don't feel I can make a judgement from the few pages and two recipes provided. It looks nice, though.