LoraM

Kitchen Witchcraft
Rachel Patterson
Conrad Monk and the Great Heathen Army
Edoardo Albert
Magic Medicine: A Trip Through the Intoxicating History and Modern-Day Use of Psychedelic Plants and Substances
Cody Johnson
Hero at the Fall
Alwyn Hamilton
Progress: 6%
Pieces of Her
Karin Slaughter
John Peters in the land of Demons
A.H.matai
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, Book One)
Tamora Pierce
Ramiro Mendes, João Mendes
Progress: 9%

Nadiya's British Food Adventure - SAMPLER

by Nadiya Hussain

I didn't realise when I requested this that it was only a sampler. What I was given for review was only 17 pages of a 288 page book.

There are some lovely full color pictures in the front including one of a bundt cake that drew my attention, then an introduction that explains that the author is British of Bangladeshi descent and what food means to her.

Only two recipes made it into the sample; Cheese Scones with Chive Butter and a divine looking Eton Mess Cheesecake.

The contents didn't list other recipes, so this is all I have to go on. It's a shame a recipe index was not included as the mixture of British and Bangladeshi influences intrigued me enough to request the book for review. Sadly, I don't feel I can make a judgement from the few pages and two recipes provided. It looks nice, though.