LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My own unapologetic opinions on books and writing.

Tales of Men and Ghosts
Edith Wharton
Progress: 6%
First Templar Nation: How the Knights Templar Created Europe's First Nation-state
Freddy Silva
Progress: 51/451pages
Symphony of Ruin: A Labyrinth of Souls Novel
Christina Lay
Progress: 50%
High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1)
Mona Hanna
Progress: 36%
Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves
Progress: 47%
Progress: 76%

Substitution for Witches Square

High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1) - Mona Hanna

What was I thinking? 1207 pages for The Witching Hour! As if trying to read 25 books in two months wasn't already a stretch for me!

Mona Hanna is on a writer's site and I've been getting notifications of her writing progress for ages. I kept thinking I should actually read her chapters, but I don't like to read on screen and there never seemed to be time.

Then she put the whole series on for free and to be supportive, I downloaded the lot. There they sat on my Kindle, waiting for me to get past any reservations that it might be too much like a lot of YA out there.

Well it's time. It's reasonably short and it can't be any worse than some of the stuff I've had off Netgalley, can it? Who knows, maybe it will be really good. The reviews cover the spectrum, but there's a definite lean upward.