LoraM

Progress: 36/280pages
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock
Imogen Hermes Gowar
Progress: 5%
About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution (Penguin Science)
Paul Davies
Progress: 57%
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 48%

Magical Realism Square: I've read 1%.

Foxglove Summer: A Rivers of London Novel - Ben Aaronovitch

It's about time I started this one, although I have three long reads I'm trying to get through. Spent last evening watching movies with the family instead of reading, though I got some progress in the afternoon.

I've read most of the books of this series. There is one I haven't got yet, but this is the only one already on my Kindle that I haven't yet read. So, it's time.

The books in the series have been pretty consistent, so I'm confident that I'll enjoy it at a similar level as the previous series books. Not really my A-list reading, but enjoyable enough that I bought several of them when they were on 1.99 sale. When the remaining book, The Hanging Tree, has a similar price drop, I'll buy that one too. Then I will have read them all.

I'm not generally a series reader, but there are exceptions. This is one of them. The stories are self-contained and can be read as stand alones, though I would recommend reading the first one, Rivers of London, first to get to know the main characters.

They are all murder mysteries which isn't generally my thing either, but there's a supernatural and magical angle and that changes everything.