LoraM

Progress: 36/280pages
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock
Imogen Hermes Gowar
Progress: 5%
About Time: Einstein's Unfinished Revolution (Penguin Science)
Paul Davies
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 48%

Lava Storm in the Neighborhood

Lava Storm In the Neighborhood (Giant Tales Apocalypse 10-Minute Stories) (Volume 1) - Paul D. Scavitto, Sharon Willett, Stephanie Baskerville, Robert Tozer, Shae Hamrick, Christian W. Freed, Rebecca Lacy, Douglas G. Clarke, Mike Boggia, Sylvia Stein, Gail Harkins, Glenda Reynolds, Lynette White, Randy Dutton, Joyce Shaughnessy, Amos Andrew Parker, Laura S

by multiple authors

This is an anthology of short stories on a theme. I didn't know any of the authors' names before getting the book, but the idea interested me. Each of them was to write a story that had something to do with lava.

Usually these unknown author projects come out sort of meh, but the writing quality overall on this one is above average. There was only one story towards the end that disappointed. Naturally I liked some stories better than others and some writing styles more than others, but someone else might like totally different ones best because of individual taste.

The point is, it's literate, well edited, and the imagination of some of the writers is noteworthy. I took my time reading one story at a time between longer reads and the theme became almost like an old friend. I would start a new story and immediately remember the feelings from the others in the anthology, so that gave it a kind of continuity.

I found the diversity of ideas of how to write about lava interesting and would recommend this collection for anyone who wants to have some short stories handy for those short reads between other things.