LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

Taking Up Space
Chelsea Kwakye, Patience Oyenike Ogunbiyi
One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1)
Mark Lawrence
Progress: 52%
Little Darlings
Melanie Golding
Walking to Aldebaran
Adrian Tchaikovsky
The Immortal City
Amy Kuivalainen
Dracopedia Field Guide: Dragons of the World from Amphipteridae through Wyvernae
William O'Connor
Limited Wish (Impossible Times #2)
Mark Lawrence
The Dark Sides of Empathy
Fritz Breithaupt, Andrew B B Hamilton
Pagan Portals - Gods and Goddesses of Wales
Halo Quin
Progress: 19%
Unfettered
Kevin Hearne, Michael J. Sullivan, Brandon Sanderson, Lev Grossman, Patrick Rothfuss, Daniel Abraham, Shawn Speakman, Jennifer Bosworth, Mark Lawrence, Blake Charlton, Peter V. Brett, Geno Salvatore, Robert V.S. Redick, Eldon Thompson, David Anthony Durham, Peter Orull
Progress: 10%

First Epiphany of the Time Vandal

First Epiphany Of The Time Vandal - Harry Bowling

by M.E. Bowling

I wasn't too sure of this one at first as it started out feeling more technical and uber spy than I usually like, but it drew me in enough to want to see what was going to happen.

My interest grew as it went along, drawing me into an intrigue where someone has stolen a time machine and curiosity of what he would do with it and why he took it. Interest waned again when he stayed in one place for a long time, interacting with local people. The intended point of his involvement with the time and place was revealed about halfway through, but that in itself disappointed me. It was an interesting idea, but not as well delivered as I could wish.

The real disappointment for me was that there wasn't a lot of time travel involved in the rest of the story. It became something else and wasn't what I had looked for in choosing this book to read. There were a couple of later jumps, but by then I was bored out of my mind and had started skimming.

The writing itself is fine and I didn't notice and mistakes, but the plot just didn't engage me. Perhaps someone else would love it.