LoraM

Progress: 100%
A Conjuring of Light
V.E. Schwab
Progress: 45%
SLEEPY HOLLOW: General of the Dead (Jason Crane Book 3)
Richard Gleaves
Progress: 86%

A Secret Twice Hidden

A Secret Twice Hidden - Shanna Lauffey

by Shanna Lauffey

I tried to read this episode a chapter at a time but there was some fast action and I just couldn't stop. Needless to say this series is still holding my attention!

The regular characters have been developing throughout the series and we've seen a different side to Kallie this time, one more vulnerable. She's still a strong female character but we get a look at some of her younger life and how it has affected the woman she became.

There are a couple of new characters who bring a new dimension to the ongoing story and the primary nemesis from the early books resurfaces. He has also developed over time but not in a good way. A couple of story lines are left open for the next episode, but I don't mind that in an 8th book of a series. The first book of this one (Time Shifters) tied up neatly so that it felt complete, but it's worth continuing because it keeps getting better and better!

Other previous characters have at least been mentioned which suggests to me that they are likely to reappear in the last two books. I get the feeling that all the factors are coming together for the series end, which I can't even begin to guess! There are a few sentimental moments too. I have some hopes for where the end of the saga may go but it's yet to be seen if things will go that way.

One thing I can definitely say for this series is that enough new elements get introduced that it's still holding its own 8 books in. Most series get too samey after a few books and I end up abandoning them. Not this one. I can't wait for episode 9!