LoraM

Black Wings
Megan Hart
Progress: 32%
The Unicorn Anthology
Henrnandez, Coville Bruce, Sara A. Mueller, A.C. Wise, Marina Fitch, Peter S. Beagle, Dave Smeds, David Levine, Carrie Vaughn, Karen Joy Fowler, Garth Nix, Patricia A. McKillip
Progress: 26%
Progress: 71%

Hark! The Herald Angels Scream

Hark! The Herald Angels Scream - Christopher Golden

by Christopher Golden

A collection of Christmas stories in the Horror genre was just too good of an idea to pass up! This one is a collection of 18 stories by a variety of authors. I had actually heard of three of them and read something by two of those, which gave me confidence of a certain level of writing.

To be honest, not all of the stories held up to expectation but enough of them did to make the collection worthwhile. Just two of them were written in present tense, which I find difficult to read, and two others were written in second person, which I don't see often.

There were some interesting ideas explored; zombie elves, creepy children, melting babies, obsessive or robot pets, a great twist on revenge, and an abusive husband returning from the dead among others.

The stand outs for me were Love Me by Thomas E. Sniegoski, Not Just For Christmas by Sarah Lotz, It's A Wonderful Life by Christopher Golden, The Second Floor of the Christmas Hotel by Joe R. Lansdale and Darrow Street by Elizabeth Hand.

Also very worthwhile were Fresh as the New-Fallen Snow by Seaman McGuire, Good Deeds by Jeff Strand (a very humorous entry), Mistletoe and Holly by James A. Moore, Home by Tim Lebbon and The Hangman's Bride by Sarah Pinborough.

The collection is definitely worthwhile for the Horror fan.