LoraM

The Great Wizards of Antiquity
Guy Ogilvy
Progress: 36%
Unfettered
Kevin Hearne, Michael J. Sullivan, Brandon Sanderson, Lev Grossman, Patrick Rothfuss, Daniel Abraham, Shawn Speakman, Jennifer Bosworth, Mark Lawrence, Blake Charlton, Peter V. Brett, Geno Salvatore, Robert V.S. Redick, Eldon Thompson, David Anthony Durham, Peter Orull
Progress: 10%

Any Witch Way You Can

Any Witch Way You Can (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #1) - Amanda M. Lee

by Amanda M. Lee

This one has a YA feel to it, but the characters made it a fun read. There's a sort of amusing snark among the members of a witch family. Three cousins and their four aunts have some love/hate family dynamics than lean towards the humorous.

It's also a murder mystery. A body is found in an Autumn festivities corn maze and as one of the cousins can see and talk to ghosts, the mystery of how and why this person was killed becomes the central theme to the story.

A lot of things were predictable. I spotted the killer almost as soon as they were introduced and an elusive character was also a bit obvious, but the dynamics between characters really carry the story. While I don't feel a compelling need to read more of the gazillion stories written by this author, I did really enjoy the read.