LoraM

Terror on the Tundra
J. Esker Miller
Progress: 40%

Day 11 Bring on the Horror

Dracula's Guest and Other Weird Tales - Bram Stoker, Kate Hebblethwaite Dead Sea - Tim Curran The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories - H.P. Lovecraft, S.T. Joshi Frankenstein - Mary Shelley, Maurice Hindle The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror - Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Mighall The Cold - Rich Hawkins Ghost Story - Jeff Brackett High Moor - Graeme Reynolds Letters To The Damned - Austin Crawley

Ooooh, where do I start on this?

I like certain types of Horror. I've talked about it here before so I'll keep the recap brief, I don't like serial killers or blood and guts stuff but I'm perfectly fine with messy werewolves and other monsters.

I love anything psychic or occult, ghost stories, good werewolf or other monsters, including plants. I like something that makes me think. Weirdness can be good as long as it's not too confusing.

Strange, alternate dimension creatures are good too.

I used to love vampire stories, but Twilight and the Romance genre spoiled that. I find a few exceptions still worth reading.

I find most of the Horror Classics are very good. Original concepts like a haunted post box definitely get my attention (that was a good one BTW).

There's a lot of great stuff in the Horror genre. I lean towards the more literary stuff over the sensationalist in general.