LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My general opinions on books & occasionally other stuff.

The Pillars of the Earth
Ken Follett
Progress: 1%
All the Weyrs of Pern
Anne McCaffrey
Progress: 40/478pages
The Healing Powers of Essential Oils: A Complete Guide to Nature's Most Magical Medicine
Cal Orey
Relativity Reborn
Amrit Srecko
Progress: 11%
Essential Oils For Beginners
Kac Young
Progress: 53%

More Selections

The Mermaid's Sister - Carrie Anne Noble Force of Chaos: The Coming of Age of the Antichrist - Lin Senchaid I Am Legend - Richard Matheson The Bottle Imp - Robert Louis Stevenson

So, I was thinking about the 8 fairly specific squares that I didn't think I had books for and started out perusing Amazon to see what comes under Magical Realism. I came across The Mermaid's Sister, which I knew I had!

From there I checked the book lists we've been compiling here to see if anything looked familiar. This led me to I Am Legend, which I had in my Bingo possibilities folder and had assumed would be a vampire choice, but it was on the Doomsday list so I gave it that square. I have a few vampire books still to choose from. It also led to The Bottle Imp, which I was able to get from Gutenberg.

While it wasn't actually listed, reading down the titles on Fear Street somehow brought Force of Chaos to mind! This will be my one re-read this year. I never do more than one re-read in a Bingo, but I really enjoyed that one and wanted to read it again anyway.

I may have something good for Creepy Carnival. A Kindle sample has been acquired and I will decide if it's a winner sometime this evening.  It will be the first newly paid for book of the game for me if it is, but the description was very interesting indeed!