LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

My general opinions on books & occasionally other stuff.

She has a Broken Thing where her Heart should be
Alexander Starritt
The Art of Lucid Dreaming
Johnson Maureen, Res-Brennan Sarah Clare Cassandra
Progress: 26%
Wild Irish Heart (The Mystic Cove Series Book 1)
Tricia O'Malley
Water
P.J. Blakey-Novis
Progress: 119/206pages

Midnight in the Graveyard

Midnight in the Graveyard - Jeremy Hepler, Chad Lutzke, Kenneth W. Cain, Jonathan Janz, Kealan Patrick Burke, John Everson, Elizabeth Massie, William Meikle, Thomas F. Monteleone, Robert R. McCammon

by Robert McCammon et al

This is a collection of Horror stories, many of them written by authors I've heard of and read before, including Robert McCammon, Kealan Patrick Burke, John Everson, Hunter Shea, William Meikle, Jason Parent, Kathryn Meyer Griffith, and Jonathan Janz.

To my surprise, a lot of the stories didn't really grab me, even some from known authors. Many of them spent way too much time on set up for a short story and I found myself skimming to see what the story was actually going to be about. There were also a lot of them set in a very backwoods town American setting that doesn't generally appeal to me.

Having said that, the good ones were excellent. Stand outs include; Tug O' War, Holes in the Fabric, The Cemetery Man, The Putpocket and despite its backwoods setting, Swamp Vengence. The last story, Portrait, was also well-written but pushed my triggers for child cruelty.

I have mixed feelings about the collection as a whole, but the good stories made it a worthwhile read.