LoraM

Lora's Rants and Reviews

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James
Progress: 19%
Sleepy Hollow: Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane) (Volume 2)
Richard Gleaves
Don Quixote
Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 47%
Progress: 76%

A rose by any other name?

Reblogged from Books2day:

A book has got smell. A new book smells great. An old book smells even better. Ray Bradbury

You know the smell. It’s nothing you can buy to use as a perfume, though I’m a bit surprised no one has ever tried, and it is uniquely identifiable to anyone who has ever handled an old book. It’s easy to understand that the smell of a new book is a combination of fresh paper and ink (mostly), but what gives old books their unique, slightly acidic odor?

A team of scientists from major European and UK universities wondered about that and did an extensive study. This is what they came up with...more....

Source: http://ricktownley.com/2014/08/05/a-rose-by-any-other-name-2