LoraM

C.M. Gray
Progress: 65%

Reading Progress, have read 11%

Artful - Peter David

Thank you thank you thank you Netgalley for approving my request! They even did one better and put me on automatic acceptance, so I guess they liked my review blog. I'll peruse thier other titles when I catch up with a few outstanding reviews.

I heard about this one here on Booklikes and got a sample. I really liked the tone of the writing, although I had mixed feelings about a rather fantastical deviation from literary consistency with this one. Vampires? Really?

The author's introduction sucked me in with a perfectly plausible explanation about Fagin as a vampire. That, and the writing itself, made me want to ignore my Dickens purism and just read this book. If I hadn't been approved for a review copy, I would have bought it.

Having suspended my disbelief, I'm really enjoying it. Don't be surprised if the review on this one jumps ahead of others I've been reading longer. I think it's going to be a fast read. I'll also be taking a look at the author's other books.