LoraM

Roberto González Echevarría, John Rutherford, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Progress: 47%
Progress: 76%

Getting On Top Of Samples

I'm down to 115 samples waiting to be read. If you've followed my posts for very long, you'll know that's a big chunk down from the last time I reported progress.

Despite my review reading monopolizing my reading time for a while, I've started separating out samples with titles that start with one letter at a time, going alphabetically, and tackling them as small groups.

For example, 'C' had 12 titles. One evening between other books I read at least part of 6 of them and eliminated them from my enquiries, then I read one the next night and moved it to my Ereaderiq list. That means I have 5 left and will probably go through them today, unless something good holds my attention, because it's only 5 samples, right? Many of them I don't get all the way through before deciding there is no way I'm going to buy this book.

It's very OCD, but it's working! I'm getting through these.

In the meantime, I'm resisting requesting anything at Netgalley unless it's really, really appealing. I can't resist looking periodically to see if anything new grabs me. I have 3 more to finish and review and 2 more outstanding requests, so I consider that under control.

Meanwhile, I have loads more books waiting on my Kindle and in paperback. I'm going to prioritize the paid Kindle books next, then work out a system for the free books that keep collecting up. Let's just say that the free time travel has a separate folder and is likely to be first.

I will probably eliminate free books, time travel or not, with the same harshness that I do samples. It's the only way to see that I read all the good books within my lifetime.